Where does the neutral safety switch plug into in the engine compartment?

Asked by Jan 29, 2012 at 04:09 PM about the 1967 Ford Fairlane

Previous owner took off neutral safety switch on my 1967 Fairlane with C-6 trans. I want to
put it back on but I don't see where to plug it in to. There has to be some sort of pigtail in
the engine compartment that it connects to. Where would it be? I hope the previous owner
didn't hack it off. I really just want the back up lights to work again. For some reason, the
engine won't crank unless in park. Could there be some other safety switch rigged

netural safty switch hooks at end of steering collum under dash.this switch has nothing to do with the back up lights,eather the back up light switch is bad or removed or the bulbs= # 1156 is blown,sockets wires cut or sockets is bad.as for cranking in park,that is correct,cars did not crank in netural until later up in years.