changing fuel filter

Asked by Sep 11, 2012 at 10:22 AM about the 1964 Ford Fairlane

i have  a 1964 ford fairlane 6 cycl 170 cid i think the fuel filter needs changing i think it is inside the cannister of where the fuel pump is am i correct and if so does the cannister just unscrew or what any ideas?

Yes your correct the cannister should just unscrew. Make sure you clean out the bottom of the cannister before replacing.

thanks i'm going to try that got to keep that baby on the road they don't make them like that anymore

You should upload some pics, my first car was a 1965 ford falcon convertible I kick myself for getting rid of iy to this day. Keep yours on the road. Good Luck with it. The picture below is exactly what my falcon looked like.

how do you change the fuel pump?