power brake booster 1963 ford fairlane 500 with A 429TJ MOTOR

Asked by Dec 12, 2013 at 07:29 PM about the 1963 Ford Fairlane

I have a ford fairlane500 i put a 429tj motor in with a 460 tran the problem is i want to put a
power brake booster in but it hit the val cover.can anyone help me solve thie problem.
joon62@gmail.com

see if mounting the unit on the other side of the firewall is possible~

take to it with a ball peen hammer and sculpt the sheetmetal to allow clearance~ (not causin' any leaks, of course)~

...achem...the valve cover....you'd need a hammer and anvil and would have to dis-assemble the unit entirely...not sure just how much interference we're talkin' perhaps a smaller booster like from a small pickup would do...summitracing.com will help you with this transformation~

http://www.summitracing.com/search?keyword=ford%20brake%20booster ***say, that one seems real slim...there are bunches of others...perhaps the one you're trying to fit is from the period....summitracing is BRILLIANT with their Drum to Disc conversion kits...might be worth you nickel to look into that~

305

What booster did you use? Falcons have a real small engine bay compared to Fairlanes, but a booster from a Geo Metro fits, so it will likely clear your 429 also

There is, somewhere out there, a brake booster that runs off of the power steering pump. I think I had seen one on a chevy pickup truck. maybe mid 80's. Plenty of stopping power. Simple adaptation.

brake booster for my paw 1963 ford fairlane

160

Try a Rod shop they do make smaller ones

well broncos have a booster that bolts to a bracket that would give you some wiggle room plus going to need the rod all so