how do you remove the speedometer from the dash of a 1958 Ford Fairlane?

Asked by Jul 28, 2013 at 04:40 PM about the 1958 Ford Fairlane

my speedometer quit working. I found one and it is being shipped to me. I need to know
what to look for when I change it out; screws, bolts, where they are??

6,515

Wait till you NOS (New Old Stock) gets to you and look at that one to determine what you need. It is probably going to be held in with small nuts and the "bolts" will be part of the speedo housing itself.

7,925

The other thing is whether you are certain it is the speedo that stopped working, or if it is the speedo cable that stuck. The end of the cable can come dislodged quite easily. On Station Wagon Forums there is a member with a 58 Ranch Wagon, and this is what it turned out to be.