1957 Ford Fairlane

105

Asked by Oct 24, 2010 at 10:04 PM about the 1957 Ford Fairlane

I need a ignition Keys and a title for a 57 conv, does anyone have anything sitting in their groves ?

Go to your local lock smith,they can make a key for you or put in a new key switch.

105

Only Problem with that is that most Loc smiths dont use/have the original style key blanks

TRUE,but at least they can put a switch in it for you,give them a try.

I did not see the title at first read,dont know where you live but in the state I live you can take a pice os paper and pencile,not ink pin,put the paper over the vehicle ID on the dash and rub the pencile back and forth over it,it is metal and the id or vin will be on the other side of paper,take it to dmv,and if all checks out they will issue you a new title.

1,135

That should work for the title of the car. I would suggest that you take your existing switch to an electrical motor repair shop and have them repair it. That is one of the good things about the older cars. steal, copper and good strong connections that they can be rebuilt if you know what your doing. Then you can use the original key for the fairlane that the manufacturer gave to it at birth. lol

105

Thats the thing it didnt have the keys when I bought it at a farm auction, they were lost which is why its easier to just switch ignitions from a car that has the keys as for the title its not that big of deal to get a new one but just seems easier to use a title of a car thats no longer around if someone still had one