I have a 1957 ford fairlane 500 4dr

Asked by Jul 04, 2008 at 12:40 PM about the 1957 Ford Fairlane

I have a 1957 ford fairlane 500 4 door.The body is in good shape,the frame has a couple little spots.I could get them welded,or I have a 1987 lincoln town car that would be a good donor.Ive never swapped frames before.Has anyone done this? Would it work? Any help would be appreciated!!

115

no dont do it thers small features that r different from the brands

75

i dunno what that other guy is talking about.... measure the frame width and wheelbase... being a lincoln im guessing they are about the same as for dimensions but the only thing is you will be running the airbag system that comes with the lincolns (easiest way out would be different comressor and system to operate it)...owning a welder would make this swap easy or having access to one....gl man those are great cars, my dad owned a few of them last one was a 57 2 door with original 312v8 (collects 66-67 fairlanes)

no,this swap will not work,the frames are totally different.

The 57,has a ladder,style frame,and the lincoln,has a perimeter frame.You will have to cut the heck,out of the 57"s body,to make it fit..