help mgf missfire on a vvc 1.8

2,155

Asked by May 26, 2013 at 05:53 AM about the 1997 MG F

i own an mgf 1.8 vvc developed a miss fire when i was driving it compression seams ok  just put in new plugs still miss fireing am going to replace coil pack and leads next 3 weeks could any one give any ideas as to what else it could be if this doesnt solve the issue

2,155

have replaced coil pack plugs and leads now been told it might be camshaft sensor that controls the vvc help please

4,755

You're definitely working your way through the ignition control system this way, but if it's not the coil, leads, plugs or compression then there's just three things left: cam position sensor, ECU and wiring. Alternatively you may be misdiagnosing a fuel fault as ignition misfriring, replace the fuel filter and check the fuel pressure.

2,155

new fuel pump and filter was fitted so I think it is the cam sensor but I cant replace till I get paid