engine problem

Asked by Feb 14, 2009 at 10:41 AM about the 1977 MG MGB Roadster

After driving car 4 a short time or when it reads normal temp I can't shut it off and when I do get it turned off, it will not start. Took off fuel line at carbs and I have fuel. If I let it set till it cools down, it starts up fine.  Here is what I have done 2 try 2 correct problem: rebulit carbs, new fuel line, added new low pressure elec fuel pump.  Also replaced filter before pump and the one on the engine fire wall before carbs. I noticed the fuel line seems 2 get very hot. Car only has 40k orginal miles

25

I had this on one my 71 'B, you need to insulate the fuel line. You're getting vapor lock. Years ago I used aluminum foil crinkled along the fuel like like a heat sink. i also saw a version of header wrap that is like a tube that you can slip your fuel line thru.