Overheating Problem

Asked by Aug 13, 2011 at 06:26 PM about the 1971 MG MGB Roadster

My 1971 MGB Roadster is a beautiful car but, has an issue with running abnormally
hot. So, my question becomes, is there a known issue and/or solution to this? I
have so far replaced the water pump, the radiator fluid, the thermostat, and put a
thermostat bypass in to help the engine run cool all the time, and still, my car IS
running, but with the Temperature needle hovering around H all the time. Please
help!

30

Check to see if the gauge is correct / by trying another one. Add cooling fan to radiator . Some engines can run a bit hotter depending climate. If you are in a Hot climate you probably dont need the thermostat. Could be that there is a clog in the engines head thats preventing flow.

25

On two different MGB's I've had had problems with head gaskets causing cooling problems.