Clutch Replacement

Asked by Apr 25, 2016 at 01:37 PM about the 1975 MG MGB

So I recently took in a 1975 MGB that was first my grandfathers, then my fathers and now mine. I could not bear to see it leave the bloodline. The engine is recently rebuilt and the body is rust free. The breaks were replaced and the front one bled fine but the rears will not bleed? And how tough is it to replace the clutch yourself?

If you have ever replaced the clutch on any car, it is not much different. The MG has a carbon throw-out bearing and be sure to replace it regardless of what it looks like. Now, if you have never pulled a transmission and/or engine, you probably should let someone else replace it.