Toy Wish, Engine rpm drop when warm with gear engaged. what problem

5

Asked by May 04, 2009 at 04:31 AM about the 2007 Toyota Wish

Engine rpm drop(500rpm) when warm with gear engage, but ok(750) when cool. Then engine won't stall but ratter. What can be the cause. Even after cleaning the air intake sensor and filter, spark-plugs, etc.
Please assist, anyone !!

125

I too has this minor slack & when i check with the toyota service center, they say it's normal as Dohc VVT-i engine is like that. Dun worry abt that as nothg wrong with your car engine... I own a 2.0L Wish. Hope it will ease your mind.... ;-)

70

clean the idling control valve with carburator cleaner. Just remove your intake hose, in the throtle body there's 1 small hole at the bottom part (right in front of the butterfly valve), just spray some carburator cleaner in there and this will clean the clog inside the valve. It did good for my Wish. I'm driving a 1.8 model.

40

I have the same problem but my car is drive-by-wire what do i do? And not when i come to a complete stop, the steering gets hard as if it wants to shut the engine down. Plz help