engine struggles

Rohan Stainn

Asked by May 30, 2013 at 03:03 AM about the 2005 Toyota Wish

i need to kno why does my car struggle sometimes when i stop and turn the steering thanks email nokiastainn@gmail.com

How much of a struggle? Is it chugging to near stall? Is it a slight rpm decrease? -- More than likely you are asking the power steering pump to work harder than it should. Do a few things: Check the air pressure in your front tires. Make sure they are not low, this can cause increased friction and make the pump work harder. Second, check the level of hydraulic fluid in your pump reservoir. Operating a PSP without the proper fluid will burn out the pump. Go to your local auto parts store and buy the recommended fluid for your vehicle. Third, your Step-Up relay may be malfunctioning. This relay tells the motor to increase fuel to step up the RPMs when the engine is being used to power accessories (A/C, Power Steering, ABS). A properly functioning relay will do this without you even noticing. ----- Please let me know if you need more info.

Rohan Stainn

It has no reservor i think it is electronic. I even remove the belt and it work free just the same. So the question is where is the power stearing source. And thanks for your effort