My truck will not start...I get no lights, no clicking or anything when turning the key. If i jump the starter relay it tries to turn over but will not start.

Asked by Mar 13, 2015 at 01:06 PM about the 1977 Dodge D-Series

First thing to do is check your fuses. Then clean your battery terminals, cables, and grounds. If truck still will not turn over, run a wire from the battery right to the positive side of the starter. Starter should turn no problem. If not, I would say your battery is shot.

It's not the battery. I thought it could be the problem and since it was old I went ahead and replaced it. So there is a new battery and I've cleaned the battery cables.

Found this link with some good info and diagrams. problem-truck.html