my truck will not move in any gear

Asked by Jun 28, 2015 at 03:50 PM about the 1968 Dodge D-Series

my truck will not move in any gear.  it doesn't even try. fluid it good. checked in Neutral and at running engine temp. 1968'D200, V8 318. 3 speed auto.

235

It could be several problems all in the transmission which you should not touch, because there are about 1000 problems of which you could create. But from what I read of your info it could be a simple linkage, or it could be a complex torque converter, it could be a bad clutch plate if it is stick. Regardless, transmissions require a specialist to work on and I wouldn't even touch my own.

10

The quickest and easiest thing is to check the linkage between the gear shift and the transmission.... sometimes the bolt comes loose or if it's a cable it breaks.