Won't Start

Asked by Oct 31, 2009 at 04:38 PM about the 1989 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class

I have spark, fuel, cranks good but won't fire. I checked injector spray pattern good. Good spark. Like a choked carb, could I be getting too much fuel?
When I first checked plugs they were wet. Prior to all this the engine would start after about ten seconds and run very rough until warm. Now nothing. Thanks for any help.

Larry Quigley

Wet plugs indicate flooding. Check the timing and make sure you have the correct plug gaps. Make sure your carb float is set right and your choke is working.