87 toyota, whem motor is warm will not start

Asked by Jul 29, 2012 at 04:00 PM about the 1987 Toyota Pickup

My Toyota truck, when motor gets warm and I turn it off will not start unless, I spray carb cleaner in throttle body. When motor is cool starts every time. It first started doing it about a month ago. I was told to replace module control, coil, sensors, plugs, wires, fuel pump. It worked fine when I replaced the module control then it started doing it again. Please can anyone help, I'm a female and afraid I'll get ripped off.

2,455

I would check the fuel pressure, if the fuel pump is getting old it might need to be replaced and the heat is causing the pump to loose pumping power and the carb cleaner helps the pump get a kick start after the engine is running. If the fuel pressure is normal after it gets to operating temp then I would think about replacing the carb.

Thank you so much

75

if that doesnt work it is the coils. had the same problem and replaced all three and now runs great