flywheels coming loose on toyota truck

Asked by Mar 31, 2007 at 10:12 AM about the 1985 Toyota Pickup

I was driving my toyota truck down I85 when my truck came apart the flywheel hit the transmission and knock a hole in the gas tank, The whecker that pick up my truck said I lucky to be alive. The only way the fly wheel would have come loose whould be from the manufacture. Can you help

14,840

Dear bec-- In all probability those bolts holding on the flywheel in your 1985 Toyota truck were last touched by the manufacturer when they built it. But, that was 22 years ago. I am not a lawyer so I can't answer how much Toyota is liable or responsible for your mishap. Maybe you should consult with an attorney, rather than the tow truck driver. Good luck from Bovan.