wiring color code for stereo/radio ...this is not a standard color wiring system....which

Asked by Jun 05, 2013 at 12:39 AM about the 1984 Toyota Pickup

I have a 84 toyota 2 wd truck. I do not have a clue what the color code for the radio is. I
can easily figure out the speaker wires, but I do not know which one is the power
constant, power intermitent , or the ground wire color. Please tell me. They are not any
standard color code

The big red one is main power...the little one is switched power...the black one is chassis ground...the white one is for the illumination purple and green are left and right back speakers having stripes....this is from memory~

yellow one is for power antenna~

I think these are standard colors from yay, my twenty-six vehicles, I've had with replacement stereos each one...8-tracks-am-fm units and CD units and MP3 these all have this combination----in my prior experience--- thanks for asking---roy

recently run across big yellow as main power...duplicate green and black having the same exact function...etc...seems you really can't count on much as at the whim of the manufacturer....follow the diagrams they provide~

use your head...a big wire will power hungry for power devices..anything with a motor such as a CD player or any modern visual panels~...etc~