1984 toyota pickup battery keeps draining

Asked by Jul 29, 2009 at 10:28 PM about the 1984 Toyota Pickup

I have a 1984 toyota that I don't use much but when I do start it once in a while and drive it around to keep it from being idle. I noticed that lately I have been having problems with my battery draining when I try to start it the battery is dead.
I need to either disconnect the terminals when I don't use it or charge the battery or use my quick jump to get it going and then it's fine again. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be. Could I have a short somewhere that I don't know about. Thanks for your help in advance

depending on how often you start it,the battery can just go dead sitting there. weather has a way of taking its tole on them, easy fix is to go buy a solar charger , there about 20 bucks, you hook it to the battery and in to the lighter, it will keep the battery charged up for the times you are not able to get to it.