1978 Toyota Pickup. Its got a brake issue, all brake power is being applied to the front brakes. Replaced booster, proportioning valve, and master cylinder.

Asked by Oct 04, 2013 at 01:39 AM about the 1978 Toyota Pickup

5,660

Did you get the rear brakes blead out all the way?

185

Sounds like the proportioning valve is stuck. What this valve does is close either the front brake lines or rear brake lines from fluid flow. The plunger inside moves to which side appears to have a leak effectively stopping the leak so you still have some brake. To fix this you need two people. You will have to have one person pump up the brake pedal and bleed one of your front calipers. If the valve is still working properly this should move the plunger back into place and your brakes should work properly. If not you might have to replace the valve and bleed it again. Good luck.

92,785

Recheck the brake lines to the rear. that old of a rig they could be full of crud or collapsed internally, pay close attention to the rubber hoses.