i want to convert my car in a baby supra

5

Asked by May 28, 2008 at 11:31 PM about the 1998 Toyota Starlet

how can i built a starlet glanza lets just say between 290 to 330 horse power i have it all stock and i want to know how to prepare it

10

Is it already turbocharged? If so probably a good chiptune intake and exhaust will get you there.

45

Alot needs to be done, but NOS is a good way to start

5

yeah it came with turbo stock and im thinking of getting work on a cold air intake, cat back exhaust system, high flow intake manifold and high flow headers and for the ECU fuel pressure regulator, high flow fuel pump and ca you tell me what kind of turbo can fix in; the most powerfull

55

if you just want moderate hp around 300, iam sure your stock engine can handle it with some work. stock, you probably have about 100hp to the wheels. so pushing extra 200hp will be hard but can be done with some money. i'd recommend changing out your whole turbo back exhaust system to wider tubing for increase flow and less back presure, back pressure will cause your turbo to spin backwards causing you to lose power. simply put... turbo back exhaust engine management w/ pro tuning headers intake bigger turbo front mount intercooler fuel injectors or if you want it faster weight reduction - acid dip and replacing chassy parts with aluminium. these will get your car around 250~300 i estimate depending on how aggressive you want it to tune it. or simply, if it fits or make it fit with money and time, drop a 2jz-gte motor and you'll have 300 right then...or you can do more to that 2jz and get 700hp+ ^^

5

what kind of turbo and how much psi? can you tell me the most powerfull turbo that can fix in without blowing the engine jeje

10

Id say for the most part he'll have fun with upgrading his original engine and have twice as much horse as a stock 350 without nitrous.

45

you can put the biggest turbo on your car you can find but if you push more than 12lbs. of boost with out rebuilding the bottom end you are going to detonate your motor

25

Subaru 05 Turbo apparently bolts right on the ep82 engine with special 'wobble bolts' that can be brought from ebay. i haven't confirmed this but the internet never lies o.O

15

There used to be a tuner page for starlets called Wicked EP Tuning. They had a T3/4 hybrid kit that when properly tuned would deliver ~280hp on a EP82 iirc.

if your going for 230 to 330 thing things you want to do are: bigger turbo with a better turbo manifold a bigger cold air intake and instead of a cat back exhaust do full everything including headers and test pipe make sure you rechip your ecu and make sure you run different maps and your gonna have to look online for the right turbo, do some research