Help! Have I just broken my husband's Pajero?

Asked by Aug 26, 2019 at 05:22 AM about the 2007 Mitsubishi Pajero

Dear all. I am so upset as I could have just destroyed my husband's Pajero... It's
2011 model (Exceed). My 4y.o put the transmission into 4HLc gear (instead of
4H), and I didn't notice it. So I backed up from the garage to the driveway, and
was slightly turning the wheel to turn onto the driveway when I felt that the car
is almost not moving ( I was driving very slowly). I then put it into Drive and
drove approximately 20m forward before stopping. I then changed the gear to
4H. My husband said what I did was almost fatal to the car. And now no one
knows how quickly it's going to break, and how long it will last.. Is this really
that bad? If I take it to the mechanic, will they be able to estimate the extent of
damage, and fix it? Thank you in advance!

285

I don't think you can destroy a car by driving it 100 feet in 4 low.

75,955

I smell a rat, and it's your husband. It seems that he might be using this situation to justify getting your approval for him to buy a newer car. Take the car to a mechanic without telling him. When you get the mechanic's report of minimal to no damage, you'll verify your husband's intent. Good luck.

251,565

You should be driving in 2 High not 4 high or low. There is no way that what you described would damage anything at all.