I have a Mitsubishi Pajero 2005/2006 turbo sports diesel, every now and again whilst driving, for no reason, the ASC anti skid control will turn off by itself, on the dash it shows ASC OFF with the little car under, I loose a lot of power, the revs drop, when I pull over switch the car off, leave it for 5mins and switch back on this seems to reset it. BUT WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN? If I take it to the dealer and they put it on their so called diagnostic computer dectector for a couple of hours and find nothing, and yet am $300.00 worse off.

Gary Visser

Asked by Mar 01, 2015 at 02:26 PM about the 2005 Mitsubishi Pajero

ASC OFF whilst driving?

Gary Visser

With no thanks to Mitsubishi, it took my mechanic to work out what was going on! Simple, he said, it is the wheel sensors, a little sticky fro all the 4 wheel driving, next time you come in for a service i'll do a wheel rotation and clean the sensors. Now no trouble.