where does EGC Valve vacum suction come from

Asked by Jun 20, 2013 at 11:45 PM about the 2001 Mitsubishi Pajero

I have 2001 V-Body Mitsubishi Pajero which using 4D56 engine with intercooler turbo. It has EGC Valve. Recently, EGC valve show some balck liquid coming out from it. After celaning it, I notice that the vacum hose port of the EGC valve was not connected to any thing. Most likely EGC valve was not functioning all this while. Where do I connect the vacum hose to.

http://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-23/what-tells-egr-valve-operate-30313/ explains some...not real well but it will lead you in the right direction ......click on image to see it

Forget about the red part, that's something else. The line does go to a vacuum source

I had some answers that I took down because I want to make sure you mean EGR, not ECG. There is such a thing as an ECG on a Mitsubishi but it is a diode and the picture you have looks like an EGR valve. Exhaust Gas Recirculation..... the line goes to a vacuum source.

On the top image look at 12400, it goes to a vacuum manifold with other vacuum lines hooked up to it for whatever they operate ...I could not find a good, complete vacuum diagram or emissions system for your car. The EGR runs exhaust back through the intake to cool the combustion process and reduce NOX. I know it sounds odd to introduce hot exhaust to cool the combustion process but it does. It makes your car breathe it's own exhaust If you have Adobe Reader here is a real good article on pdf. www.autoshop101.com/forms/h61.pdf‎