what grade of gas do i put into a 1964 comet

Asked by Nov 18, 2012 at 09:40 PM about the 1964 Mercury Comet

car will start good but it  always feel that it is going to cut off and sometimes it does could it be the grade of gas that i am using or something else

89,715

On a car that old, it could be many things. Make sure the gas and air filters are clean. Fresh spark plugs, good wires and a clean distributor cap. A vacuum leak will cause a car to stall - check the hoses. On a carborated engine, you can adjust the idle speed with a needle screw on the side. I wouldn't worry too much about the grade of gas.