What would the oem side mirrors have looked like on my 1962 Mercury comet custom. Mine doesn't have any and I need them for backing but I want to retain original look

Asked by Jan 24, 2017 at 08:09 PM about the 1962 Mercury Comet

119,425

Hope the picture comes through! I've been having trouble posting pictures. But here goes. You can also search eBay for an original sales brochure for your Comet. That'll have good pictures of the exterior of the car. Here's an interesting fact on this subject. Outside rearview mirrors are STILL not required on a car unless they came installed on the vehicle from the factory! Of course everything made since the '60s has at least one on the driver's side. HTH. -Jim

151,775

They were made square and round and both are acceptable !

Side mirrors are a little tough for the vent window to open... but.. welcome to the 60s. BTW, Jim,, Nice pic... I purchased that car back in 2017. Pic is a great pic... but did have to do quite a bit of stuff to it since I purchased it sight unseen... New clutch kit, added front disc brake conversion, manifold was cracked so I upgraded that as well. New exhaust as it was put together in 5 or 6 pieces.. BUT... runs great.. engine solid.. 3spd, inline 6 170 ci. Seats need redoing (small issues)... would rate the inside a 7 out of 10 ... but bottom line.. LOVE IT!!!