emblem on hood for 60 comet?

Asked by Sep 16, 2011 at 04:34 PM about the 1960 Mercury Comet

Hey there, just got a 60 merc comet and have loved this car for a long time so excited its here, however i see holes where it looks like a emblem would of gone on the hood...should there be one?  i dont think so but just wondering...thank you!

My 63 comet has a "Mercury" emblem on the driver's side of the hood

Yes the 60-63 Comets had the emblem on the hood

I think the Meteor had the same emblem. If anyone has one, let me know. I need one. Thank, Jerry

I also have a 1963 Comet with a missing "Mercury" emblem on the hoods driver's side. This emblem was broken while being removed for painting. This car has been completely restored except for this "Mercury" hood emblem. Please let me know if you have one for sale. Thank You, Rod Hardy