Front brakes on sprite get hot and lock up

Asked by Aug 26, 2015 at 07:17 PM about the 1966 Austin-Healey Sprite

18,180

Replace front brake hoses.

90,645

I'm not much of a AH mechanic but I have seen this before, most o the time it is caused by water in the brake fluid, it gets hot and expands and the brakes start to drag then lock up, flushing usually takes care of the problem unless the water has corroded some braking internals. HTH

Everything has been replaced new brake lines new brake fluid new everything

New shoes new lines new master cylinder everything is new. This car also set for a while we are trying to refurbish it have been working on it for 2 years need help though. Just spent 375.00 on the brakes for the same thing to happen

18,180

Did you replace the pressure differential switch block ? May have a stuck valve from sitting so long. To found this block follow the brake lines from the master cylinder they go right to it.

4,995

I understand you replaced the flex rubber brake hoses, new disk and pads. Is that correct? Did you rebuild the front calipers? Absolutely clean brake fluid when you bled them and NO chance of any air in the system? The only think left is the booster. I'm not sure if the 66 had a pressure switch or not but if so that is the only other thing it could be.