why does my car jerks/stutter when i accelerated

Asked by Jan 11, 2015 at 08:44 AM about the 1998 Nissan Skyline

i clean my engines with a pressure water gun yesterday, and today i started driving and i
noticed a problem , my car start jerking/stutter when i accelerate, at first i thought it was a
boost cut when im on high RPM, but later on the day it got worst. the same thing
happened when im only on gear 1 .  please tell me how i could fix this problem. my friend
told me it could be the intercooler piping, i dont know .

37,345

I think what you mean to say is the engine is skipping. It sounds like one of your coil packs is cracked. You should remove them one by one and see if there is water between it and the spark plug. You probably filled the spark plug hole with water and it's shorting out against the block. Blow some compressed air in the hole to get all the water out. Replace the coil pack that let the water into the hole.

yes thats what i mean . i shouldnt use water to clean the engine. im going to try that, ty for yur advice

5,175

I think you should try starting today without trying anything. There is another option and that your ignition wire is old and needs to be replaced. Wires have carbon cores and as they age they're suspectable to moisture. When that happens the car either won't start or run like crap when the weather is moist outside, otherwise run normal on dry days

30

I have a 2006 grand prix and when I accelerate it jerks but the more acceleration I give it stops but as soon as I slow down accelerate again it jerks

37,345

Mist your plug wires with a spray bottle. Do this with the engine running. See if it bogs down or starts to skip. You may have a bad coil pack or wire. Buy some MAF cleaner and spray down your Mass Air Flow sensor. That may be dirty as well. Post back with results....