Automatic transmission no upshift

20

Asked by Apr 02, 2016 at 03:05 AM about the 2005 Nissan Pulsar

Hi,

The automatic transmission of my Nissan N16 acts weird sometimes. Sometimes it does not shift to the higher gears. And when it happens when I try to start the engine O/D off indicator flashes for about 15 times. Also when it happens, if I turn on the turn signals, they blink very rapidly than the normal blink rate?

Any ideas on what the problem is?

20

What I forgot to mention is that all the turn signal bulbs are working fine. Fast blinking of turn signals comes when the transmission is not working properly only. Also a mechanic plugged in the scan tool and there were no error codes. He said may be the problem is due to an electrical fault.

50

hi, did you find out the solution? I got the same problem with my N16 ST...but anyway if it happens the revs going up and no up shift anymore...so I take it in neutral and start the engine again (even if I`m still rolling) ...so after the engine is restart and you go in drive mode again everything is fine again for a while...My guess to there is an electric issue. If you got any advise already please let me know.

GuruB11D2 cheers buddy, Seams ok for now, stop engine and restart while rolling seemed to reset mine N16.