Automatic transmission no upshift

Samoda Gamage

Asked by Apr 02, 2016 at 03:05 AM about the 2005 Nissan Pulsar

The automatic transmission of my Nissan N16 acts weird sometimes. Sometimes it does not shift to the higher gears. And when it happens when I try to start the engine O/D off indicator flashes for about 15 times. Also when it happens, if I turn on the turn signals, they blink very rapidly than the normal blink rate?

Any ideas on what the problem is?

Not shifting correctly and a blink O/D light means there is a transmission faulty and a shop can scan the car for the transmission codes to tell them what the issues is, be it a solenoid or something more serious. Get that looked at sooner than later. A blinking turn signal indicator means either the front or back bulb is out and needs replacing.

Samoda Gamage

What I forgot to mention is that all the turn signal bulbs are working fine. Fast blinking of turn signals comes when the transmission is not working properly only. Also a mechanic plugged in the scan tool and there were no error codes. He said may be the problem is due to an electrical fault.