Why is my car REAL top speed MUCH higher than the speed declared by the company ? Company declares 175 km/h (110 mp/h) but the car can reach speeds around 220 km/h (135 mp/h) (also measured by GPS) is there some reason for this ? My car is supposed to be economical hatchback, is the speed declared much lower to be potentionally less dangerous in the eyes of the parents of the teen ? Thanks for response and I apologize for my bad english.

5

Asked by Sep 14, 2016 at 10:55 AM about the 1996 Nissan Pulsar

10

I have noticed with my saabs that the top speed may or can be set by what the speedometer says is the max, with my saabs it say 160 and thats what the books say. though I have brought it back around to 25 which means it actually somewhere over 185mph. not sure if that helps. good luck

23,215

why are you driving an old econocar that fast?! amazing- and lived through it, apparently-

5

I was also very suprised that econobox can be so fast without being launched off a cliff.