Ramsey PTO winch installation

Asked by Aug 26, 2009 at 09:54 PM about the 1978 Toyota FJ40

I have an after market Ramsey PTO winch that is complete, but have no idea how to install on my 78 FJ40. Do you know how/where  to install the chain drive unit on the transfer case?  

25

that winch that you bought its electric or mechanic? because if its mechanic you need to conect it to the transfer case directly using a shaft

Yes I have just gone thru this experiment! A Shute Upton Brisbane made Ramsey winch "Sue" 8000lbs and a Shute Upton Brisbane made chain driven PTO with rear driven transfer case model. The PTO is easily fitted to the transfer cases made for the 4 spd boxes between the years 75-80. They have the characteristic dome shaped six bolt cone covering the main transfer shaft and bearing. By removing this 6 bolt dome cover and sliding the inner cone gear that comes with the PTO it mates with the transfer shaft after you have removed and replaced the bearing. The inner cone gear also comes with an inner sleeve shaft to aline the bearing to the correct position. I hope this helps. if not email peterschofield63@yahoo.com.au