Temperature range

Asked by Jun 05, 2013 at 11:54 AM about the 2003 Opel Vectra

Hi. I own an Opel Vectra C (2003 model). I noticed that the temperature reaches between 80 to 95 degrees celcius. The weather is hot here though, about 35 degrees. Is this a normal temperature for this car?

yes, most thermostats are set to open at 90.5C, so it sounds like your coolant system is operating correctly. It will get slightly warmer in hot weather. Just make sure your coolant level is fine and you have the proper mix of 59% coolant to 50% distilled water.

Wladislaw Kowalczyk

It's OK