Opel Vectra B model 1997 Gl 5d 1.6 WONT FIRE UP.... Help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Asked by Mar 02, 2012 at 11:20 AM about the 1997 Opel Vectra

My car is Opel Vectra B model 1997 Gl 5d 1.6 and now it getting me mad because it has some troubles with engine check lamp  that i asked  about it before so i made a paper clip diagnose on it and it gave me 2 codes first is 0110 and it refer to Intake Air Temperature Sensor (ATS)  and the other code is 115 and it refer to Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor so i got both changed but the problem now the car don't want to start at all i tried many times to check every thing but it looks like every thing is ok . When i start the car the engine roll and you hear it sound normal but it never fire up . I try over and over and charge the battery again and again but no respond . i changed the ignition wires  and the main ignition unite but nothing happened all still the same . i put back old sensors and old ignition unite nothing happened too still turning but never fire up . Before i change any thing the car didn't start in the morning and it looks like it stopped forever so i started to change stuff and make paper clip test but nothing changed . so tell me where should i search please . The car have petrol oil and cooling fluid . most of sensors i checked them clips and cleaned them with cleaning spray but still wont fire up . it happened before but one of my friends dragged me and i started on the second gear then it worked till it stopped that morning 10 days ago and now nothing help . Any ideas ?? tell me where to check or where to start my research in my car .....
i appreciate any help from you all out there
Sameh

2,655

With most problems it is always best to go back to basics. i.e check first that you are getting fuel into the combustion chamber, this will be quite easy to determine by removing a spark plug you will either find the plug electrode is wet or a strong smell of fuel, secondly check that you are getting a spark to the plug, be careful !! you will need to earth the sparkplug to the engine using insulated pliers hold the spark plug connected to the lead to a head bolt or any decent metal part of the engine, get someone to crank the engine, you should get a spark, if not there may be a problem with the crank angle sensor / TDC sensor. If no fuel check fuel pump, relay or even check for any blown fuses - check all the fuses as some have mutiple use and are not always listed. Let us know of your finding / progress.