Hi, I have an 1993 Opel Vectra 2.0 L automatic 4cyl. which has recently lost all power and developed a vibration in the engine as well. it seems as if it is missing a cylinder. What to do???

5

Asked by Mar 03, 2014 at 12:31 PM about the 1993 Opel Vectra

Hi, I have an 1993 Opel Vectra 2.0 L automatic 4cyl. which has recently lost all power and developed a vibration in the engine as well. it seems as if it is missing a cylinder. i took it to a garage and they found that one of my spark plug wires had vibrated loose from the distributer cap and was missing. They put it back and the car ran fine for about 4 days (no vibration and full power), after that it went straight back to the same problem. i have tried to redue the spark plug cables and the problem doesnt fix anymore. i also read something about the E.C.U. can be the problem but i am not sure about that. could you please suggest something to me??? thank you.
p.s. it also moves as if it is stuck from finding the top right gears if you bring it to higher speeds. having power one minute and then not; continueing in that cycle.

sincerely
shay

hello Shay, i am Alan from Jordan, did you check it by computer to know where is the problem? if no, please check it. and i will follow your replay. note: you can contact me in facebook page (Opel Likers). :)