how do you keep the hood open?

Asked by Feb 07, 2014 at 03:30 PM about the 1980 Triumph Spitfire

how does the hood stay open on my 1980 triumph spitfire 1500

Two piece rod

how does it hook to the hood and where does it hook to the body? when you close the hood where doses it hook too? I don't have this rod and nothing is broken. I just want to get the right piece. thank you

It looks to be a two piece rod with pivot points at both ends and one in the middle. I would assume that the middle joint pivots back towards the windshield which allows the hood to close and the rod to fold on it's self. The lower mount bolts to the fram on the suspension. If you close the hood and reference the lower mount the mount on the hood should be right above it. Close - Open the hood and have a look, should be some sort of bolting

Here is the only shot of the hood that I can find. Do you have a bolt hole there?

Best Answer Mark helpful