Will not start after it is warmed up

Asked by Jun 12, 2014 at 02:37 PM about the 1979 Triumph Spitfire

My spitfire will start up fine but once it gets warm, it still drives ok but when I shut it down, it will not start. It sounds like vapor lock but did not think it was that hot. I have to wait until it cools down and then it starts up ok. I thought about an electric fuel pump. Any suggestions?

95

you must push the accelerator pedal all the way down before cranking the engine but no pumping it is getting to much petrol in to combustion chamber you should check the carb. and sparks better to renew them