79 spitfire no spark

Asked by Dec 03, 2013 at 11:35 PM about the 1979 Triumph Spitfire

here is what i have  i put a new batt in the car  the clutch is frozen and  wont turn over with the switch i can jump the silonoid but no spark is there a nutral safety switch on this car? and if so will that prevent  the car  from starting if i jump the silinoid

...okay here's a '78 electrical schematic~

got it in neutral? clutch not withstanding...you know I had troubles with my 1979 spitfire clutch...replaced slave and master clutch cylinders...the pivot pin was a little loose...sold it to a co-worker for his son...he told me the CRANKSHAFT had a diagonal CRACK, that would press against the clutch plate....of all the wierdie broken engine...yet still drove...would make the commute from Oakland To Sonoma daily hella long commute and deadly frightening with your ass 3 inches off the ground with DEAFening LOUD 18 wheeler tires right next to your head...an experience that one should have at least once in a lifetime...not for daily commute~

look at the "top fuse" to see if it's okay yet...if you're in neutral should still turn over...check the battery voltage and chassis ground...yes this is a NEGATIVE ground....check the schematic~