79 Triumph spitfire 1500, calif model. All emissions are removed except for the fuel tank evaporative loss control on fuel tank. Do I need it?

Asked by Feb 29, 2012 at 09:52 AM about the 1979 Triumph Spitfire

435

This depends on the regulations inplace in your state, and even county. While some places only require a safety inspection (like north Carolina ) they still require the equipment is still fitted (not tampered)! Reality is most state inspectors do not know what they are looking at even if they do look up the requirements an you may be just fine! However bear in mind the engine was tuned for all those requirements and it will take patience and skill to get the car running well and reliably especially if you want to retune it for more power (emissions requirements lowered the HP available) Good luck