fan clutch

Asked by migration_H1ll8illy Mar 21, 2010 at 09:15 PM about the 1976 Triumph Spitfire

Are the fan clutches on the 76 spitfire rebuildable? Mine has a bad bearing. Of course, I don't even know
if it is a bearing or if the center hub has some other function. There isn't much information online. I can't
even tell if it is supposed to have silicone fluid in it or if it is the other type of fan clutch.

185

hi the only purpose of the viscous coupling is to stop you cutting your fingers off. like what happens on a fixed fan car. your bearing problem sounds like water pump to me they are arround £60 plus £90 if your viscous coupling is faulty. these are usually sealed units. the cheapest option is to fit a fixed fan and water pump from mk4 models