battery installation type

Asked by Sep 24, 2008 at 10:06 AM about the 1976 Triumph Spitfire

Does the positive cable go to the starter from the positive post?

85

Hi There, On My 1970 13/60 Herald, the cable goes from the positive post to the starter solenoid (mounted on the bulkhead below the battery) then the solenoid to the starter. Hope this helps. Let me know if you want a photo.

5

The positive cable should go from the battery to the starter solenoid which is right next to the battery. The starter cable comes out the other side of the starter solenoid and this is what connects to the post on the back of the starter.