I have a 1975 Triumph Spitfire. It has been parked for a few years. The rear driver side drum is completely locked.

Asked by Feb 28, 2015 at 05:36 PM about the 1975 Triumph Spitfire

I have tried spraying WD40, tapping it with a hammer, detaching the hand brake cable,
releasing brake fluid, and lastly put a torch to it.  I am not sure what to do next.

4,255

hi did you try to move the wheel cylinder ...it slides on the backing plate to apply one shoe ...also see if you can loose the shoe adjuster screw to move the shoes in .....and you said you tapped it with a hammer? or did you HIT IT !!!!! ...which you might have to do LOL ...also i'm sure you did it but did you take the two Philips head screws out.....you may end up ruining the drum ....but the price of the parts on these cars has come down so ...good luck

4,255

OOh I forgot you might have to get a drum puller ...// it still might not come with just the puller but with the puller install and tension on it hit it with a good size hammer then.

35,025

Use a hammer and more force or maybe warm it up with a torch.