what is the shift patern in a T2 1967 spitefire

Asked by Jun 28, 2013 at 07:14 AM about the 1967 Triumph Spitfire

did not know if this was a motorcycle or plane, but there is no commonly available info for this...My 77 spitfire had a conventional H pattern with ONE at the upper left hand corner...did find a curious little piece...maybe it will help~

19,625

It's an H pattern to start with- now, where is reverse? with the engine off, and the clutch in, run through the H pattern to find your 4 forward gears- now reverse will be off to the left or right of this- up or down- on my Healey reverse was to the left of neutral, and back (or down)- I would be amazed if my memory can actually function that far back and if a Triumph is the same as a Healey

89,715

IIRC the reverse if to the right and the shift lever has to be pushed down or pulled up to engage.

the T-type overdrive had a little slide switch on the shift knob. reverse was pull the shank (interlock) into second positon as I recall~ could have been a J-type (little solenoid on the bottom of the tranny, power to it would always fall off...ended up sewing the lead on with a thin piece of wire)...man...cute car but disappeared amidst 18 wheelers and made the 1 1/2 hour drive Oakland to Sonoma daily for a while with a broken crankshaft~

that little button may be from a motorcycle...just a bit of eye-candy in my search for your shift pattern~

glad you're back to help us again...tenspeed, actually thought you were a carguru computer for a while....what did David say "on duty 48 hours a day"~ you never piped in with the question "can a carguru answer EVERY question...most backed off sayin' NOT every question..."...did not hear your smilin' face on that...because I already know the answer to this~

4,755

Upper row: 1 | 3 | R Lower row: 2 | 4 And if you're lucky there is a sliding knob on top for the overdrive.

think that little button must be from a four-wheeler arrangement~

pattern with one t, and spite-fire----yes I ran the thing de-spite being hopelessly in need of serious repair (did not know it at the time)~

4,755

Yeah, that pic looks more like something with selective 4WD and High/Low gear.

65

lars is right on this knob which seems to be a 4 Wheel drive car central diffrencial gear selector knob

Thanks guys, The actual patter is as you say the standard H with reverse in the upper left. So R-1-3 on top 2-4 on bottom. Not lucky, No OD. Is a 1967 T2 Thanks DJ