Triumph Spitfire 1966 mk2 - SU Carb problems

Asked by Aug 20, 2015 at 04:11 AM about the 1966 Triumph Spitfire

Good day All

I have a technical question about the SU carbs of my 1966 Triumph Spitfire MK 2.

I recently replaced the fuel pump (New) and since then there is petrol pouring out of the carbs.

I've done the following already but to no avail:
1. Replaced the needle and seat
2. Set the floats in accordance to spec
3. Replaced old fuel hoses with new once

Please can you advise me on what else I can do to fix this problem

thanks

David

46,215

Either the fuel pump is putting out too much pressure overpowering the needle and seat or the needle is sticking open causing the carb to over flow. Also it is possible that the floats are not adjusted properly. I would suggest you find someone near you with SU carb repair experience.

Hi Bob, thank you for the feedback