MISSES OUT ON IDLE

Asked by May 19, 2012 at 06:09 PM about the 1965 Triumph Spitfire

CYL. # 2 & 3 ARE NOT FIRING ON IDLE.  WHEN YOU SPEED IT UP A LITTLE IT SMOOTHS RIGHT OUT.  WHEN YA HOLD YOUR PALM OVER CARB, # 1 IT KILLS THE ENGINE AND WHEN YOU DO THAT ON CARB # 2 IT DOES NOTHING TO THE ENGINE.  NO VAC, THERE..  I HAVE 100 #'S OF COMP STRAIGHT THROUGH.  EVEN WHEN YA SPEED IT UP AND IT RUNS SMOOTH THEN  THERE STILL IS NO VAC ON # 2 CARB.

135

hi your problem is an air leak at the carbs where they join the manifold. best way. will be to remove the carbs and change and seal the gaskets. also check the mounting nuts are tight first. may cure it.also check you have fuel in the float bown of the affected carb. its normal for the car to cut out blocking the air intake. let me know how you get on pete

Best Answer