here is a tough one boys, I just installed a new engine into my 1978 Datsun 280Z, and I can't get it to start. It has fuel, spark, & compression. I have checked the valves & they R OK, timing is right

Asked by Apr 15, 2017 at 06:56 PM about the 1978 Datsun 280Z

I have replaced the flow meter, the thermo time sending unit & the main Brain computer box and the ingnition switch and still don't even get a backfire. Any Help out there? I've been doing this for 50 yrs!

27,535

what engine to what engine is in it now...i love the 280 Z..heres one of mine

27,535

ill get back to you.....kelly

27,535

so when it comes up on compression stroke you have that plug firing off? and there is or is not getting fuel in the combustion chamber / YOU DIDNT SAY YOU TRIED SPRAYING FUEL/CARB CLEANER IN IT..IM SURE YOU HAVE...SO AT THIS POINT YOUR NOT SURE IF IT IS GAS OR SPARK...A HUGE VACUUM LEAK?

I have douched it with fuel several times & no go. I have pulled the plug & found TDC & checked timing. I have put Injector lights on the power lines going to the injectors & it shows juice.

PS; the L28 engine is out of a 79 ZX with all 78 exterior engine parts on it. Basicly it ran when I pulled the old motor out & I haven't changed anything, it is all stock & I had 3 of these, down to two now.

yours looks sweet! come to Fresno & we will run up to McKinley Grove by Wishon & Shaver Lake!

I would also like to know where the juice comes from for the cold start valve?