Datsun 280z head replacement?According to this craigslist seller his mechanic was deported before he was able to finish replacing the head on the engine. He has the working head.If this is correct how hard is it to install the head? Estimated time of the job?Thanks guys

Asked by Jan 29, 2015 at 07:55 PM about the 1976 Datsun 280Z

According to this craigslist seller his mechanic was deported before he was able to finish
replacing the head on the engine. He has the working head.If this is correct how hard is it
to install the head? Estimated time of the job?Thanks guys

5,095

Half an hour. Head gasket, head, head bolts tightened in correct sequence, then torqued to specs. Valve cover gasket, valve cover. However.......... I personally wouldn't trust something like that. Why was the head off in the first place? Simple enough to put it back. Why didn't the "Mechanic" do that? Not like INS came into the garage and grabbed him while he had the head in his hands....