04 range rover will shift but does not actually change gears. Only park and neutral. Trans failsafe and addition warnings. Cleared all but same. Fuse was left in for tow mode and tried to reset but st

20

Asked by Sep 28, 2014 at 10:30 PM about the 2004 Rover Streetwise

Ill same. Have waited two mins and
disconnect batt and touched pos and neg.
Went through fuse 37 reset proceedure.
Tried all I've found with no results. Also
bought new batt but old one tested good
and was charged. After running truck for a
while voltage increased. Read 12.9 with
batt out of rover. Please help

20

Transmission shift motor is bad.

20

2004 range rover will shift but wil not move at all and dash displays gearbox is in neutral

20

The transfer case motor is easy to remove and check. Just 3 bolts to remove it. Check the spline position. Easily found online. Also can check potentiometer with multi meter. There are several videos online that will walk you thru steps. My motor was bad. Also my input shaft had snapped inside the transmission. You have to breakdown tranny to find that issue but sounds like shift motor. Also make sure 5 amp fuse is not in position 37. That is for tow mode and locks trans in nuetral