how do I pull apart the wheel hub to change and grease the wheel bearings in the front of the 4.8 ltr Patrol? has anybody done this? and did they happen to take any photo's of the steps involved etc-

Asked by Jul 16, 2013 at 10:49 AM about the 2002 Nissan Patrol

2002 Nissan Patrol 4.8 petrol engine (automatic drive) 230,000klms on the clock, and needs the wheel bearings replaced as there is movement in the front wheel. I note the service manual Haynes whilst makes mention of the need to check the wheel bearing doesn't show how to take the hub apart to get at the bearing---------------------------------most workshop's will only say its complicated therefore why don't you book it in for a day-----------On a disability pension I don't think so. does anyone know how to do this task???

Jerome Knitter

If it is a hub assembly you have to replace the whole unit. Hub bearing assemblies are not serviceable. The unit is usually held on to the spindle by 4 bolts. You will have to remove the caliper, mount, and rotor to make changing the hub assembly easier.