Fuel pump problem ?

Asked by Jul 15, 2011 at 02:58 PM about the 1983 Nissan 280ZX

I have a 83 280Z w/only 19K ORIGINAL miles.  It does NOT have power it should have until it gets about 30 mph.  It ia also hard to start , almost refuses to start when driven about 30 miles.  Sometimes it's an hour or more before it will start after you kill engine  ? I have NO idea  as to what's wrong .

10

i have a 83 turbo there could be several causes #1 check the warmup reg. if it has one your fuel pressure reg may be set to low or fuel pump may be bad next check the module bolted on the side of intake manifold this is the tps moduale you also could have a bad cps crank posistion sensor or you could have a vacuum leak you also could have a bad ignition module or you could have a bad or dirty egr valve or oxygen sensor remember on these cars do not use after market oxygen sensor only nissan the other cause the cars to run like crap you also could have dirty or bad injectors check the timing or your dist cap and rotor remember it can onlybe from 3 causes fuel, electrical or vacuum or a combination of both or all you could have a cloged or dirty fuel filter remember the